publishes The Australian Friend, our official quarterly journal.
You are here
Australian Friend Committee
The Australian Friend Committee publishes the Australian Friend both online and in print on a quarterly basis. The Committee is appointed at Yearly Meeting under the care of a Regional Meeting. The editor (or co-editors) comes from that committee itself, or not, as the committee decides.
The purpose of The Australian Friend is to keep Friends in touch with activities of the Society and each other, to share spiritual insights and practical Concerns and to stimulate awareness of the wider witness of Quakers in Australia and beyond.
The Australian Friend is published on-line on the first Monday of March, June, September and December each year at http://australianfriend.org. It is also available as a printed journal, free to members of Australia Yearly Meeting, and on subscription to others.
We welcome contributions (articles, photos, poems, drawings) which are consistent with the purpose of The Australian Friend. Contact us through the form on the website. Articles should be attached as Word documents and generally should not exceed 1500 words. We like to have a photograph of the author (head and shoulders), as well as other photographs relevant to the article. Further information for contributors is available at https://australianfriend.org/for-contributors/
Articles in the March 2019 issue include:
- Nourishing our spiritual lives through spiritual direction
- A peaceful harvest: introducing permaculture to Friends Peace Teams
- How do you nourish your spiritual life? Come to Yearly Meeting
- World War Two explosives remnants of war in the Pacific
- Food, food security and the environment in North Korea: a permaculture viewpoint
- Know thy Friend: Elaine Polglase
- My response to receiving an OAM award in 2019
- QSA notes: Monitoring and evaluation
- Reflections on the 2018 Treaty workshop