is assessing the effects of changing our annual meeting from January to July and whether future changes should be considered.
You are here
Right Holding of Yearly Meeting Committee
YM18 amended the terms of reference for this Committee:
Actively seek input from Friends across Australia in a variety of ways (including workshops and surveys) about:
a. the purpose and future of Yearly Meeting gatherings
b. ideas about alternative models
c. current challenges
Collate and discern the relevance of information about the practices of some other comparable Quaker gatherings Testing and further discernment
Develop alternative models which may suit Australia Yearly Meeting better than our present practices. This would include:
a. The conduct of business of the Society, including using electronic methods
b. The timing, regularity, format and location of Australia Yearly Meeting gatherings
c. The conduct of trials and pilot programs of some systems or processes.
Report findings and progress to Standing Committee and Yearly Meeting.
- Many Friends contributed their ideas at Regional Meeting workshops in the 2018-19 Quaker year, and from YM18. All RM responses have been collated into a 'matrix', which has enabled the committee to draw out themes from Friends across Australia. Please view the matrix here Revised Matrix from Summary 16042019.pdf
- The report from the YM19 Friendly School is here: Right Holding of Yearly Meeting Friendly School 7.7.19.pdf
- Butchers paper from the YM19 Friendly Group open discussions is here: RHYM Friendly groups YM19.pdf
- Summary (read this one): all these ideas have been captured for the YM19 Preparatory Session: RHYM prep session YM19.pdf
- Final discernment from YM19 is captured in Documents in Retrospect (sign-in needed): https://www.quakersaustralia.info/documents-advance-documents-retrospect pp. 65-67