...making sure our Meetings are places where every one's spiritual journey is nourished.
You are here
Safe Quaker Community Committee
The Safe Quaker Committee consists of a convenor and two committee members, that with assistance from the Australia Yearly Meeting (AYM) Secretary, are responsible for:
- Providing support to Regional Meeting (RM) Safe Quaker Community Contact Friends in carrying out their roles
- Regular review of AYM Safe Quaker Community Policy and Procedures
- Ensuring that the Policy and Procedures are up-to-date and consistent with the Handbook of Practice and Procedure
- Reporting annually on Safe Quaker Community activities
- Supporting Regional Meetings to meet their Safe Quaker Community responsibilities.
- Provide a safe environment for all
- Promote a sustaining healthy relationship between people
- Provide appropriate support and assistance for persons
- Challenge violence, oppression, discrimination and abuse
- Express our faith and principles in action and
- Provide an environment which is conducive to these aims.