We offer an online Meeting for Worship and all are welcome to attend.
A Meeting is held every Sunday during October to March at:
- 5pm for TAS, VIC, ACT, NSW
- 4pm for QLD
- 4:30pm for SA
- 3:30pm for NT
- 2pm for WA
- 6am Coordinated Universal Time
During April-September the online meeting is held at:
- 5pm for TAS, VIC, ACT, NSW, QLD
- 4:30pm for SA, NT
- 3pm for WA
- 7am Coordinated Universal Time
- It is a Meeting for Worship in silence.
- Some Friends gather from about 15 Minutes early to greet one another.
- We settle down in preparation for worship about 5 minutes before the hour.
- Spoken ministry is possible.
- It will last approximately 30 minutes.
- At the conclusion there will be the opportunity to “meet” with others.
TO JOIN THE MEETINGS FOR WORSHIP:
- Please email the organiser (address at the very bottom of this page) to obtain the password.
- Include your name and Regional Meeting. If you're new to Quakers and don't have a Regional Meeting, that's okay too.
- Computer, tablet or smart phone access
To join a Meeting click on or enter this link: https://zoom.us/j/7151604648. Enter the password when requested.
- Telephone access
You can join a Meeting for Worship by using your telephone. Dial the Australian telephone number 02 8015 2088 or 03 7018 2005 or 08 7150 1149 and use your phone keypad to enter the Meeting ID 715 160 4648 and the password when requested: Note: you will be charged normal telephone call rates. International phone numbers are available. For more details, email the organiser (address at the very bottom of this page).
PREPARATION FOR MEETING FOR WORSHIP:
- Advices and Queries, No.8: Worship is our response to an awareness of God. We can worship alone, but when we join with others in expectant waiting we may discover a deeper sense of God’s presence. We seek a gathered stillness in our meetings for worship so that all may feel the power of God’s love drawing us together and leading us.
- Advices and Queries, No.9: In worship we enter with reverence into communion with God and respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Come to meeting for worship with heart and mind prepared. Yield yourself and all your outward concerns to God’s guidance so that you may find “the evil weakening in you and the good raised up”.
- Tell other member of your household that you are going into a Meeting for Worship and that you don’t wish to be interrupted.
- Turn off all possible distractions – mobile phone, TV, radio, sound equipment, etc.
- During Meeting for Worship, mute (turn off) your microphone by clicking on the button at the bottom of your screen. Turn it on (unmute) if you wish to offer ministry and after the Worship has concluded.
- You may wish to have any or all of the following with you:
- A Bible
- Quaker Faith and Practice
- Advices and Queries
- This we can say or
- Any other publication you find helpful.
NEW TO A QUAKER MEETING FOR WORSHIP?
A very warm welcome if you are about to experience your first Quaker Meeting for Worship. The Worship is based on silence which gives us an opportunity to move closer to God. It is an active, listening silence, which has been practiced by Friends for over 350 years.
To find out more about what to do in a Quaker Meeting, or more information about Quakers, you can visit our pamphlets page.
For more information contact: email@example.com