You are here
Update: Quakers Australia -Reimagining community
Updated Tuesday 26 May 2020
We are posting here ongoing updates on decisions and resources to support Friends and their local meetings in caring for one another and their neighbours during this health crisis. This page will be updated as news and resources become available.
NEW! ONLINE MEETING RESOURCES FOR FRIENDS
- A Reflection: Living Deliberately, has been contributed by a Friend from Fleurieu Worshipping Group (SANTRM) as an aid to help us through these unsettling times.
- NEW! Zoom Training Sessions & More! Helpful "go-to" place, with information about upcoming Zoom training sessions, tools for holding online meetings for worship, meetings for business and for developing online community in creative new ways.
WITHIN AYM: CHANGES!
- The Quaker Shop will re-open on Tuesday June 9th, after the holiday long weekend, and will be making changes to the usual shop procedures, to accomodate social distancing and hand sanitising. The volunteers are all looking forward to seeing each other again after this long absence.
- Yearly Meeting 2020 Gathering: YM2020 will go ahead to the maximum extent possible but will not have a traditional gathering. Read more here (You need to be signed in to the website to read this complete update.)
- Silver Wattle Quaker Centre: Silver Wattle Quaker Centre will be closed until 7 April at least. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- QSA (Quaker Service Australia): QSA staff and volunteers are not in the office as much as before, so please email your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quaker Cottage (Woodford) is not taking accommodation bookings until the end of May at least.
- Devonshire Street Local Meeting is closed for both room and hall bookings until further notice.
ONLINE MEETINGS FOR WORSHIP AND OTHER OFFERINGS
- Meeting for singing! Singing for Friends around Australia being offered by Helen Gould, Wahroonga Local Meeting (NSWRM) - Sundays from 11.00-11.30am. To join click on this link: https://acu.zoom.us/j/6622870583
- Hunter Valley Meeting: Hunter Valley, Sundays 10:00am. You do not need to download any software. To join, just click on this link https://zoom.us/j/228476245?pwd=WmVlSlNEeGpTbW5vYXdzUlVpd0Q1Zz09. If you want to sign on via the app, you will need this information: Meeting ID: 228 476 245, Password: 019456.
- Tasmania Regional Meeting: A Tasmania-wide Meeting for Worship every Sunday beginning at 10.30am, via Zoom. To join click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/945690267?pwd=YUdBenI4cXB2dVJEMlg3UHBrbFFHZz09
- Victoria Regional Meeting: Melbourne City Recognised Meeting - Sundays from 10.30am for one hour. Contact: Chris Warner - email@example.com; Northern Suburbs Meeting for Worship - Sundays 10.20am. Contact - Sue Ennis 0400 069 014 firstname.lastname@example.org; Friends Eastern Local Meeting - Sundays 10.30 am. Contact - Lorel Thomas email@example.com
- West Australia Regional Meeting: Online zoom Meeting for Worship each Sunday. Please contact the Regional Meeting Clerk to obtain the Zoom link and password for this meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org Space open from 9:30am, worship from 10am - 11am Perth time. Each first-Sunday-of-the-month, from 11:45am, WARM will be holding its online Business Meetings.
- The Australia Yearly Meeting for Worship via Zoom is now a weekly event during the COVID-19 disruption. You can join either by computer or phone, details are available on the webpage: https://www.quakersaustralia.info/online-meeting-worship
- The FWCC-AWPS Section Meeting for Worship Online is held every week on Thursday 6pm AEST (Sydney time). Contact Michael Searle for details at email@example.com or visit the FWCC-AWPS website.
- Woodbrooke Study Centre (UK Friends) offers a 30-minute online worship every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Pendle Hill Quaker Study and Retreat Center: You can join for worship, 8:30-9:10 am any morning. (which would be 7.30pm Sydney time, the following day) A handful of Pendle Hill residents gather each day in the Barn, continuing the 90-year-long tradition of daily worship. You can join via Zoom by clicking here.