We offer an online Meeting for Worship and all are welcome to attend.
A Meeting is held every Sunday during October to March at:
- 5pm for TAS, VIC, ACT, NSW
- 4pm for QLD
- 4:30pm for SA
- 3:30pm for NT
- 2pm for WA
During April-September the online meeting is held at:
- 5pm for TAS, VIC, ACT, NSW, QLD
- 4:30pm for SA, NT
- 3pm for WA
The Meeting for Worship starts when anyone “enters the virtual Meeting Room”.
- It is a Meeting for Worship in silence.
- Spoken ministry is possible.
- It will last approximately 30 minutes.
At the conclusion there will be the opportunity to “meet” with others.
TO JOIN THE MEETINGS FOR WORSHIP
1) Please click the Email Contact button below and email the organiser to obtain the password.
2) Include your name and Regional Meeting.
3) If you are new to Quakers, please contact the organiser using the Email Contact button below also.
You can use either your computer or telephone as follows:
- Computer access
To join a Meeting click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/3561168530 and enter the password when requested. The very first time you click on this, the Zoom software will attempt to download and install. You should allow it to install on your computer. If you don’t already have Zoom on your device, please go to the Zoom website https://zoom.us/ beforehand and download this free audio visual software which will install on to your Desktop.
If your computer is unable to download and install the Zoom software, you can join the Meeting for Worship, with limited functionality, just using your browser, provided it is not too old. Click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/3561168530 then bypass the downloading and installing of the Zoom software and click on the link to join the meeting using your browser. Enter the password when requested. You will need at least a microphone and speakers attached to your computer. A camera will allow others to see you.
- Telephone access
You can join a Meeting for Worship by using your telephone. Dial the Australian telephone number 02 8015 2088 or 03 7018 2005 or 08 7150 1149 and use your phone keypad to enter the Meeting ID 356 116 8530 and the password when requested: Note: you will be charged normal telephone call rates. International phone numbers are available. Contact Peter Hillery for more details on 0467 097 912.
PREPARATION FOR MEETING FOR WORSHIP
- Advices and Queries, No.8: Worship is our response to an awareness of God. We can worship alone, but when we join with others in expectant waiting we may discover a deeper sense of God’s presence. We seek a gathered stillness in our meetings for worship so that all may feel the power of God’s love drawing us together and leading us.
- Advices and Queries, No.9: In worship we enter with reverence into communion with God and respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Come to meeting for worship with heart and mind prepared. Yield yourself and all your outward concerns to God’s guidance so that you may find “the evil weakening in you and the good raised up”.
- Tell other member of your household that you are going into a Meeting for Worship and that you don’t wish to be interrupted.
- Turn off all possible distractions – mobile phone, TV, radio, sound equipment, etc.
- During Meeting for Worship, mute (turn off) your microphone by clicking on the button at the bottom of your screen. Turn it on (unmute) if you wish to offer ministry and after the Worship has concluded.
- You may wish to have any or all of the following with you:
NEW TO A QUAKER MEETING FOR WORSHIP?
A very warm welcome if you are about to experience your first Quaker Meeting for Worship. The Worship is based on silence which gives us an opportunity to move closer to God. It is an active, listening silence, which has been practiced by Friends for over 350 years.
To find out more about what to do in a Quaker Meeting, or more information about Quakers, you can visit our pamphlets page.
For more information Email Contact