We are offering an online Meeting for Worship for anyone who wishes to attend. This is an evolving trial and we expect aspects to change as we gain more experience. At the moment it will be as follows:
We meet once a month on the 3rd Sunday of each month at:
- 5:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (UCT +11 hours) during Daylight Saving (October to March inclusive) or
5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UCT +10hours) at other times of the year.
- The Meeting for Worship starts when anyone “enters the virtual Meeting Room”.
- It is a Meeting for Worship in silence.
- Spoken ministry is possible.
- It will last approximately 30minutes.
At the conclusion there will be the opportunity to “meet” with others.
Join the Meetings for Worship using either your computer or telephone as follows:
To join a Meeting click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/3561168530. The very first time you click on this, the Zoom software will attempt to download and install. You should allow it to install on your computer. It is possible to download and install the Zoom software prior to a Meeting for Worship here.
If your computer is unable to download and install the Zoom software, you can join the Meeting for Worship, with limited functionality, just using your browser, provided it is not too old. Click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/3561168530 then bypass the downloading and installing of the Zoom software and click on the link to join the meeting using your browser. You will need at least a microphone and speakers attached to your computer. A camera will allow others to see you.
You can join a Meeting for Worship by using your telephone. Dial the Australian telephone number 02 8015 2088 or 08 7150 1149 and use your phone keypad to enter the Meeting ID 356 116 8530: Note: you will be charged normal telephone call rates. International phone numbers are available; Contact Peter Hillery for more details on 0467 097 912.
Preparation for Meeting for Worship
The following suggestions are offered:
- Advices and Queries number 8: Worship is our response to an awareness of God. We can worship alone, but when we join with others in expectant waiting we may discover a deeper sense of God’s presence. We seek a gathered stillness in our meetings for worship so that all may feel the power of God’s love drawing us together and leading us.
- Advices and Queries number 9: In worship we enter with reverence into communion with God and respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Come to meeting for worship with heart and mind prepared. Yield yourself and all your outward concerns to God’s guidance so that you may find “the evil weakening in you and the good raised up”.
- Tell other member of your household that you are going into a Meeting for Worship and that you don’t wish to be interrupted.
- Turn off all possible distractions – mobile phone, TV, radio, sound equipment, etc.
- During Meeting for Worship, mute (turn off) your microphone by clicking on the button at the bottom of your screen. Turn it on (unmute) if you wish to offer ministry and after the Worship has concluded.
You may wish to have any or all of the following with you:
- A Bible
- Quaker Faith and Practice
- Advices and Queries
- This we can say or
- Any other publication you find helpful.
New to a Quaker Meetings for Worship?
A very warm welcome if you are about to experience your first Quaker Meeting for Worship. The Worship is based on silence which gives us an opportunity to move closer to God. It is an active, listening silence, which has been practiced by Friends for over 350 years.
To find out more about what to do in a Quaker Meeting, or more information about Quakers, you can visit our pamphlets page.
For more information Email Contact