Werona - place of peace.
In 1969 a small group of Friends and like-minded people envisaged a place for those in need of refreshment and renewal. Kangaroo Valley Friends Properties Pty Ltd was formed and a property purchased in Kangaroo Valley. There are currently 131 shares in the property divided between Australia Yearly Meeting, several regional meetings, and a number of individuals.
What is Werona?
- 52 hectares of river front natural bush and sandstone rock formations.
- situated in New South Wales on the Mount Scanzi Road, 3.8 kilometres from the Kangaroo Valley village
- Werona adjoins land belonging to the Sydney Bush Walkers. Both are wild - life refuges.
- the property is cared for by the Werona Users Group – a small group of volunteers. Werona is maintained by payments from overnight bookings and annual donations from the Users Group and supporters of Werona.
To provide a place for:
- Fellowship: a gathering place for people of all ages to meet and spend time together
- Renewal: physical, mental and spiritual
- Recreation: swimming, wild life watching, walking, cave exploring
- Conservation: an appreciation of the bush and natural features of the area
- a basic all-purpose hut with large verandah, electricity, cooking facilities and utensils and a room for washing minus a shower. There is a large wooden bunk area with foam mattresses for sleeping.
- a cabin with two bunks and foam mattresses
- an open sided shelter area for sleeping
- ample area for tents
- one self-composting toilet with marvellous views of the bush
- suitable for individuals, families and small groups
For details and bookings Contact or phone 02 9716 0717.