Public statements are made on behalf of Quakers in Australia and signed by the Presiding Clerk. A public statement is a formal position that Friends take on contemporary issues that reflect or intersect with our concerns.
This is done in consultation with the AYM Secretary, who normally has received a draft statement from either a Yearly Meeting session, an AYM committee or a Regional Meeting.
- November 2018 - Quakers query PM over Government's decision not to adopt the Global Compact for Safe Orderly and Regular Migration
- November 2018 - Quakers question Prime Minister over Australian Embassy move to Jerusalem
- July 2018 - Quakers speak out over Government's disregard of the Uluru Statment from the heart
- February 2018 - Quakers Alarmed At Government’s Decision to Increase Arms Trade
- February 2018 - Submission to The Religious Freedom Review