In 2013 the Nancy Shelley Bequest Fund was set up, and guidelines were developed for individuals or organisations who intended to apply to the fund for financial assistance for their projects or activities. These guidelines were built around a knowledge of Nancy’s concerns and passions, identified as matters relating to peace, indigenous concerns, matters relating to women’s education and leadership particularly in relation to music and mathematics, and also concerns of the local Blue Mountains meeting and Yearly Meeting.
1) The Nancy Shelley Bequest Fund Journey
2) Nancy Shelley Bequest Fund Application Form
The Applications to the Fund follow a process:
- Step 1: The application needs to be sent to the clerk of Blue Mountains Local Meeting for consideration. Please identify which Friend from Blue Mountains Local Meeting has been consulted about your application.
- Step 2: It is then sent to the Fund Committee.
- Step 3: After the Nancy Shelley Bequest Fund committee's recommendations have gone through the Blue Mountains Local Meeting business meetings, applicants will be advised whether they have been successful.